It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GDPR notice
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:42 pm 

Began Programming in MUMPS: 15 Mar 2015
With a certain sense of sad predictability, this is another of those GDPR notifications your inbox has been flooded with of late.

GDPR is the "General Data Protection Regulation," a 99-article law engineered by the European Union that represents a huge change to data privacy laws. This applies to any resident of the EU, even non-citizens that are visiting in the EU.

In short, it expands the definition of what constitutes personal data, and your rights regarding that data.

For citizens of our little Mumpster community, this includes publicly posted information such as:

Your email address;
    Your posts (including any attachments);
    Any user-volunteered information, which may include birthdays, other contact methods, location, a website, personal interests, a real name, and when a user began programming in Mumps.

As well as privately posted information, such as:

Private messages;
    Information associated with logging in (date, time, IP address);
    What you bookmark or subscribe to;
    Unposted drafts; and
    "Friends" and "foes" (phpBB's terminology, not ours)

Those are the only things that Mumpster collects using the phpBB software. We do not sell or distribute this data in any way, and we use it for no other purpose than letting phpBB do its thing. On occasion, when it comes to blocking spammers, we may look at IP addresses, but otherwise we really don't poke around with this data much.

(That said, for a time, we offered Paideia accounts, and when someone applied for one, we were collecting and storing some additional information—all volunteered by applicants. We are no longer offering Paideia accounts (though we may revisit this in the future), and we've deleted this information as of today (May 24, 2018) and removed the link for the application form as well.)

However, as of May 24, 2018, we are in compliance with the GDPR for our EU Mumpster users as far as:

* Requesting any of your personal data that Mumpster has.
* Removing all your data at your request.

If you want to opt for either of those, please feel free to email me. While we are working on script to streamline this process, we reserve the right to fulfill these manually for the moment; please allow 14 days to provide or delete your data. Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for being part of the Mumpster community.

—Ken McGlothlen
Mumps Users' Group Data Protection Officer
dop@mumpster.org

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: GDPR notice
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:44 pm 

Began Programming in MUMPS: 15 Mar 2015
Also note that we have a new Terms of Use document and a Privacy Policy document that are undergoing some final polishing, but they should be up by the end of Monday at the latest.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: GDPR notice
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:51 am 

Hello Ken, my name is Ivone, I am a recruiter for DSS Inc, located in Juno Beach, Florida. I am having difficulties finding MUMPS Developers for Washington area. Do you think I can post something here?
I will really appreciate if you can help me with this.
Thanks,
Ivone Monticelli

Offline Profile