It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from Paul Perrin
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:04 pm 

Began Programming in MUMPS: 0- 0-1986
Hi just found this site when googling for an article I wrote for the MTA magazine wayback.

I did a huge amount of Mumps then 'M' starting with Hoskyns in London in the 80's First on PDP/Vax, then onto Datatree then Cache.

I was on the board fo the UK MTA for a period - I beleive I can take credit for the introduction of 'SSVN's but it was about then that I moved on to other technologies and left Mumps behind, I also had the top score for Mumps on 'brainbench' for a while.

Mumps is the best language I have used for accessing non-sql data - and now SQLs limits (particularly scalability) are being hit and nonSQL databases are coming back I think Mumps or a derivative could have a place again.

I now freelance in a whole range of technologies - windows and open source - mainly web development and database, but desktop too.

p.s. The article I was looking for was "Its a simple language so I call it M'ish" - about a Mumps interpreter I wrote in Delphi (a Borland language similar to Pascal for Windows).

Offline Profile