It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello Everyone
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:11 am 

Began Programming in MUMPS: 01 Apr 1982
Some background on my work in medical and MUMPS markets:

I started using Meditech MIIS (an early MUMPS variant) professionally in early 1982 while on a facilities management staff at the University of Pittsburgh's Magee Womens Hospital and working for Compucare.

I switched to MUMPS in 1986 when I moved to the northern Virginia corporate headquarters of Compucare and was in the R&D tools team that created application tools to specify and auto-compile MUMPS programs from a high-level 5-generation language, which we devised. This tool enabled analysts to generate optimized complex application logic in MUMPS programs without coding expertise (Quadramed today still uses this tool on some of their applications). I was also Compucare's MDC representative for some of this time.

In 1990 I moved to Massachusetts and worked for the MUMPS Collaborative (AKA CoMed, DHT and currently a part of Cerner as Cerner DHT). The Collaborative had created CoPath written in MUMPS which was a leading Pathology application. I became the tools group product manager and enhanced CoWriter report generator capabilities. This was used by CoPath and other third-party MUMPS applications and hospitals. During this time I devised, proposed and further developed the MWAPI, the standard platform-portable MUMPS windowing API while I was the Collaborative's representative on the MDC.

I then implemented foundation classes and tools for use in the CoPathPlus (a Client Server replacement for CoPath in MUMPS). This was done in PowerBuilder in the early-mid 1990s. CoPathPlus is still the most installed hospital pathology application in the US and is sold by both Cerner and Sunquest today.

Then in 2003, I moved to California to work on Kaiser Permanente's multi-billion-dollar EMR implementation. This was one of the largest and earliest full EMR implementations in the world. I was the automation tools lead. As the EMR implementation was in full swing, I then moved to Enterprise Architecture and become the national Care Delivery Enterprise Architect for Kaiser. in the later 2000s I moved into Innovation for Kaiser Permanente (the largest HMO in the world) and became the Principal Technology Innovation Architect. There I devised and implemented an innovation tracking system on the Salesforce Force.com platform which is used by a number of IT and Medical groups working on innovations across Kaiser.

I retired about 4 years ago.

Offline Profile