It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: VISTA Events Schedule for 2011
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:21 am 
Site Admin

Began Programming in MUMPS: 15 Jun 1984
Let's use this thread to collect the VISTA-related events for 2011 we know about.

5-7 March 2011: Fifth VISTA Technical Meeting, Robert Morris University, Moon Township, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, WorldVistA

10–14 April 2011: Seventh WorldVistA Educational Seminar, Robert Morris University, Moon Township, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, WorldVistA

April 2011: The Future of File Manager, a VISTA Development Meeting, New Mexico, VISTA Expertise Network

23–25 May 2011: Twenty-third VISTA Community Meeting, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia

summer 2011: VISTA e-Health University, details not yet announced, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

July or August 2011: Annual Meeting of the VISTA Users' Group, Seattle, Washington, VISTA Expertise Network

September 2011: tentative VISTA meeting, California

17-20 October 2011: Eighth WorldVistA Educational Seminar, Robert Morris University, Moon Township, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, WorldVistA

November 2011: VISTA Paideia Meeting: Kernel for Programmers, Portland, Oregon, VISTA Expertise Network

3-5 December 2011: Sixth VISTA Technical Meeting, Robert Morris University, Moon Township, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, WorldVistA

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: VISTA Events Schedule for 2011
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:52 pm 

Began Programming in MUMPS: 07 Sep 1977
Do we have any actual dates for the VistA Futures Meeting in New Mexico (Los Crucis (if I could spell), I would suspect.)? Have we started a list of issues to be addressed with this meeting? An agenda? These are critical times and there has never been more need for VistA and the coordination that it needs to bring to the various aspects of community healthcare.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:45 am 
Site Admin

I'm sitting in a planning meeting with Susan Mohn, our conference coordinator, right now. I should have tentative dates to post today and some ideas about locations.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

The July or August 2011 Annual Meeting of the VISTA Users' Group, Seattle, Washington, VISTA Expertise Network has been further defined at today's events-planning meeting.

It will be held July 2011 in Seattle, and will be called VISTA University 2011. It will be modeled partly on the VHA e-Health University events the VA organizes and partly on the annual meetings of the MUMPS Users' Group. The goal is to bring VISTA users, developers, and vendors together for a four-day training and trade show in Seattle. It will be held at a hotel and will include tutorials for VISTA users, tutorials for VISTA programmers, technical sessions, vendor presentations, and a vendor hall.

We expect to have further details about this conference for you in the next couple weeks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:20 pm 

Began Programming in MUMPS: 25 Dec 2010
toad wrote:
The July or August 2011 Annual Meeting of the VISTA Users' Group, Seattle, Washington, VISTA Expertise Network has been further defined at today's events-planning meeting.

It will be held July 2011 in Seattle, and will be called VISTA University 2011. It will be modeled partly on the VHA e-Health University events the VA organizes and partly on the annual meetings of the MUMPS Users' Group. The goal is to bring VISTA users, developers, and vendors together for a four-day training and trade show in Seattle. It will be held at a hotel and will include tutorials for VISTA users, tutorials for VISTA programmers, technical sessions, vendor presentations, and a vendor hall.

We expect to have further details about this conference for you in the next couple weeks.

Hey Toad,

Do we any VISTA meetings in our country INDIA... ??

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

Not yet, but I know several people in India interested in putting an event together. I'll discuss it with them; if it leads to real plans, I'll post here for you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:20 pm 

Began Programming in MUMPS: 25 Dec 2010
toad wrote:
Not yet, but I know several people in India interested in putting an event together. I'll discuss it with them; if it leads to real plans, I'll post here for you.

Thank you :)

Offline Profile